I’ve been looking for a way to fire up the camera on my iPhone to take photos for ages. If I say “Siri, take a photo,” Siri will activate the camera but it won’t actually take a photo.
It’s 2023, a hands-free era, and I still have to press a button.
Also: This $17 clamp is my go-to iPhone accessory for taking better photos
Surely there’s a better way?
Unlock the power of Siri to capture memories effortlessly using the iOS Shortcuts app.
Also: The 5 best iPhones right now
Here are the simple steps to unlock this Siri superpower:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Gallery to explore all the available shortcuts.
- Search for the Say Cheese shortcut.
- Tap on the Say Cheese shortcut.
- Tap Add Shortcut to integrate it into your Siri commands.
- To personalize this shortcut, such as changing the camera or customizing the phrase, tap the three dots on the shortcut to make these changes.
Now, all you need to do is say, “Hey Siri, say cheese,” and let Siri do the snapping for you.
Also: Shaky photos? You’re holding your smartphone wrong. Try this
Note that on the first use, the shortcut will request permission to save photos to your gallery. Make sure to grant access, so your snapshots are saved seamlessly and automatically in the future.